We are proud and excited to announce that we have started our Artsmark Award journey. Every young person should have the opportunity to be creative and to experience and participate in a curriculum rich in arts and culture. We will be working extremely hard over the next two years to further develop authentic, inspiring and engaging arts and cultural experiences.
We will actively involve our children by electing ‘Arts Ambassadors’ who will lead pupil voice, thus developing belonging and ownership of our Artsmark journey.
We’ll be updating you with our progress via our new Arts twitter page @HGCPArts, our school newsletter and on our website.
What is the Artsmark Award?
The Artsmark Award is the only creative quality standard for schools and education settings, accredited by Arts Council England. We support settings to develop and celebrate their commitment to arts and cultural education.
In 2015, the programme was refreshed to align with School Improvement Plans and support core EBACC and STEM priorities, giving the curriculum breadth and balance.
Artsmark is awarded at three levels; Silver, Gold and Platinum
Every young person should have the opportunity to be creative and experience and participate in arts and culture. Our Artsmark journey will enable us to:
- Build young people’s confidence, character and resilience through creativity
- Support the health and wellbeing of pupils through arts and culture
- Strengthen pupil voice and develop young people’s leadership skills
- Use a clear and flexible framework to embed creativity across your whole curriculum and address school improvement priorities
- Access professional support, advice and resources to strengthen your arts provision
- Celebrate our long-term commitment to cultural education with pupils, parents and your local community
- Develop new partnerships with the country’s most treasured cultural
organisations, providing young people with exciting opportunities
Artsmark and Ofsted
- Artsmark meets Ofsted’s requirements for Quality of Education by using the Artsmark framework to maintain a broad and ambitious curriculum that connects learning across all subjects
- Artsmark equips pupils with the cultural capital they need to succeed in life and nurture their imagination and creativity through a high-quality arts and cultural education
- Artsmark clearly demonstrates how you support personal development and provides evidence to Ofsted on how you meet its spiritual, moral, social, cultural requirements