Welcome to Year 4K
Your Class Teacher is Mrs Kennedy
Our Teaching Assistants are;
Mrs Rhodes (AM)Miss Makin (Thurs PM only)
- Children may change their book on a Monday or Thursday. I am asking children to send me a message via a Showbie assignment (in school on a Friday morning) to tell me how many times they have read that week.
- Children are expected to read at least three times per week.
- In 4K we have a reading tracker that we complete each week. We are aiming to be green, which is reading 3 times a week. There are prizes to be won at the end of each half term for those who have been green consistently.
Bug Club, TT Rockstars, Spelling Shed and Century Tech
- TT Rockstars is an interactive timetable resource that we now have access to in school and at home. It is a fun way for us to learn our timetables, challenge each other and the teacher!
- Century Tech is an online learning platform that learns what your child specifically needs to support them. Please do not answer the questions for your child as the technology tailors itself to what your child needs based on what they know and what they need support with.
- As you are aware we now have access to the fantastic Bug Club which is an online reading resource. Should you have any problems accessing Bug Club please let me know.
- The log ins are on available to download from each individual child's portfolio on Class Dojo.
- Spelling Shed is a new spelling initiative this year, children are expected to complete their weekly spelling assignments as well as practice their weekly spellings on it at home as well as in school.
Every Friday, children will receive two pieces of homework, along with their spellings. These could be on Century Tech, so please check.
Homework will usually be Maths, English or Topic based, which will link in with the work we have been learning in lessons. We are hoping that this will help consolidate children's learning.
It is really important that homework is completed by the following Wednesday unless otherwise stated.
Spelling tests and Times Tables tests will take place, every Friday.
Dance and PE
- Please remove earrings before children come to school on dance and PE days. If children cannot remove their earrings they will not be able to participate due to health and safety reasons.
- PE for Year 4K is on a Thursday morning and Friday afternoon.
- Please make sure your child has their full PE kit in school on their PE days. White PE top, black shorts and black PE pumps.
- Also any jewellery is removed (including stud earrings) and all long hair is tied back.
Please find below the Year 3&4 statutory spellings, children are expected to know all of the spellings by the end of Y4, so regular practice of these at home is recommended.
You will also find our Y4 Long Term plan for the year and the current terms topic map