Welcome to Year 4K
Your Class Teacher is Mrs Kennedy.
Our Teaching Assistant is
Mrs Watson and Miss Makin (PM only)
Planners and Reading Books
- Children will continue to change their own reading books when necessary. Please make sure the planner has been signed by an adult to say they have finished their book. Children can write in their planner to say they have finished the book but it must still be signed by an adult. Children are expected to read at least three times per week.
- In 4K we have a reading tracker that we complete each week. We are aiming to be green, which is reading 3 times a week. There are prizes to be won at the end of each half term for those who have been green consistently.
Bug Club, TT Rockstars and Century Tech
- TT Rockstars is an interactive timetable resource that we now have access to in school and at home. It is a fun way for us to learn our timetables, challenge each other and the teacher! Let Mrs Kennedy know if your log in is needed again.
- Century Tech is an online learning platform that learns what your child specifically needs to support them. Please do not answer the questions for your child as the technology tailors itself to what your child needs based on what they know and what they need support with.
- As you are aware we now have access to the fantastic Bug Club which is an online reading resource. Should you have any problems accessing Bug Club please let me know.
Every Friday, children will receive two pieces of homework, along with their spellings. These could be on Century Tech, so please check.
Homework will usually be Maths, English or Topic based, which will link in with the work we have been learning in lessons. We are hoping that this will help consolidate children's learning.
It is really important that homework is completed by the following Wednesday unless otherwise stated.
Spelling tests and Times Tables tests will take place, every Friday.
Dance and PE
- Please remove earrings before children come to school on dance and PE days. If children cannot remove their earrings they will not be able to participate due to health and safety reasons.
- PE for Year 4K is on a Wednesday morning and Thursday afternoon. Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school, jewellery is removed and all hair is tied back.