Our value for this half term is Perseverance
Welcome to Y4M class page
Your Class Teacher is Miss Murray.
Our Teaching Assistants are
Miss Picton and Makin!
We are looking at the story 'Secrets of a Sun King.
Planners and Reading Books
- Reading books will only be changed on a Monday and a Thursday. Please try to ensure that a message is being sent from your child to the class teacher each time they read. Children are expected to read at least twice per week.
Bug Club, TT Rockstars and Century Tech
- As you are aware we now have access to the fantastic Bug Club which is an online reading resource. Should you have any problems accessing Bug Club please let me know.
- TT Rockstars is an interactive timetable resource that we now have access to in school and at home. It is a fun way for us to learn our timetables, challenge each other and the teacher! Let Miss Murray know if your log in is needed again.
- Century Tech is an online learning platform that learns what your child specifically needs to support them. Please do not answer the questions for your child as the technology tailors itself to what your child needs based on what they know and what they need support with.
Every Friday, children will receive two pieces of homework, along with their spellings. These could be on Century Tech.
Homework will usually be Maths, English or Topic based, which will link in with the work we have been learning in lessons. We are hoping that this will help consolidate children's learning.
It is really important that homework is completed by the following Friday.
Spelling tests will take place, every Friday.
Times Table tests will take place every Wednesday.
Dance and PE
- Please remove earrings before children come to school on dance and PE days. If children cannot remove their earrings they will not be able to participate due to health and safety reasons.
- PE for Year 4M is on a Monday and Wednesday afternoon. Please make sure your child is wearing their PE kit, jewellery is removed and all hair is tied back.
Here is a great website for all your topic needs, covering the complete primary curriculum. http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/
Our current value is:
Please see below for the Y4 long term plan:
This is our Topic overview for Spring Term: